As of 10/1/2017, this manual has been retired. For current policies, procedures, and standards for the Texas Workforce Commission Vocational Rehabilitation Division, please refer to the following manuals:
- VR Standards for Providers (VR-SFP)
- Vocational Rehabilitation Services Manual (VRSM) - link coming soon; copies available to staff through the TWC intranet and to others on request
In this manual, references to DARS now refer to TWC. The manual includes both links to public content and links to content available only to staff.
There are various types of community training programs (public and private) this division may use for the services required by consumers.
A Community Rehabilitation Program (CRP) can be any program that provides one or more of the following VR services:
- assessment for assisting a consumer and counselor in determining eligibility and VR needs
- work adjustment
- rehabilitation technology
- job development and employment assistance
- orientation and mobility services
- Adaptive technology evaluation and training
- personal adjustment training
- independent living skills training
- on-the-job training.
Listings of contracted services and their rates are located in the DBS Standards Manual for Consumer Services Contract Providers.